Village Life Guide: Age
Being this one of the most outstanding features of Village Life, a Villager’s Age determines what can and cannot do, even though they do not die (at least not in the current game version), there are plenty of tips that are useful to know in order to understand the game mechanics
Village Life Tip: 24 hours in real time = 1 Year of Age in your Villager lifecycle.
- Newborn: 01: Babies do not provide happiness neither they have needs.
- Toddler: 02+
- Kid.: Even though they yield happiness and have needs, they can’t carry out tasks.
- Teenager. 13+ It’s only at this age when your villager is finally ready to do quests, besides providing happiness xp points for fulfilling his/her needs. It also triggers the “Coming of Age” window, where you must choose the skills that will be attached to this villager for the rest of its life.
- Adult. 18+:This stage is the one that lasts longer, and even though your villager will change phisically, they can always work, produce happiness and give you thought bubbles
- Elder. 75+: They are not able to work any longer, they pass away between the age of 80 to 90
Coming of Age
Once one of your villagers turn 13, they become teenargers and they can perform tasks. You will now have to select one of the skills to make those tasks go faster.
When Villagers Come of Age, you can choose a profession for them, and this is what the next window is all about
Villagers inherit SKILLS from their parents. The pink SKILL icon will represent the SKILL inherited from its mother, and the blue SKILL icon the one from its father.
Notice there’s a third slot, where you can choose a third PROFESSION for your villager, if that is what you want and your village requires it.
Mind you, if you get to choose a SKILL that your parents already inherited, you will increase the TASK speed by 25%, and you can create a villager focused on a single task which can do that particular profession with an increase of 75%. Below you have the full list of Village Life Professions
- Forestry: Cutting down all types of trees and extract wood
- Mining: Extract minerals from rocks
- Forage: Collect fruits from Trees and Bushes
- Farming: harvest farm crops.
Village Life Tip: The fact that your villager does not have a certain skills does not prevent him from doing the task, it will just do it slower.
Village Life Tip: Once your village has grown enough, you might have the chance of matching couples in or outside your village having both male and female the same skills, and thus giving birth to a villager that will be much faster in a certain type of profession, even more if you choose for a third time the inherited profession once it “Comes Of Age”.
The 40 Years Old Milestone
Your villagers change appearance once again, grey hair, baldness, etc, just physical changes, they do not affect working speed.
Do Village Life Characters Die? How Old Can They Get?
Yes, Villagers in Village Life do pass away, they die between 80 and 90 years old. Even though you do not receive keys for this event, you do get some gems, which can buy keys if you need them. This is the message you get when that happens.
“your character” has enough wisdom to continue their journey to the stars!. Their legacy will live on in future generations. Collect your inheritance.