Pixel People Winter Wonderland Update Out Now!
If there was a Halloween update, a Winter/Christmas content update for Pixel People was sort of obvious. Besides new genes, professions and buildings, we get a new mini game and new features. All the details after the jump.
- Get ready to see your city themed for Winter and Christmas
- Special Event: Winter is Present [can you put an end to the icy chill? A new mission awaits]
- Grinch Mini Game: this mini game, which consists on tapping on the grump icons that appear on top of the houses, is tied to the Winter is Present event, and is completed on a friend’s town.
- Collect Reindeer: this is what you need to do in order to complete the first mission of the update and trigger the unlock sequence for the new jobs and buildings.
- New Mission: Dear Santa, this is the first mission you need to complete in order to unlock all new professions, with the exception of the Event Planner, which is unlocked by default.
- New Genes: Holiday Spirit and all the professions below
- New Professions: Event Planner, Toy Maker, Toy Soldier, Guardian, Ice Lord, Snow Elemental, Elf, Sherpa, Alpine Rescue, Snowboarder, Viking [all professions combinations/formulas are already listed.]
- New Buildings: Toy Factory, Event Center, Winter Fort, Ski Lodge, Mountain [buildings guide after the link]
- New Animals: all the new animals are reindeers, which you get through the winter event
- New Decors: Snow Decor category, Bankai Berg, Candy Canetacles, Deep Freeze, Gatecon’s Cache, Holyday Park, Ice Breaker, Ninja Lake, Snowmani Bank, Wall Bottom, Wall Section, Wall Tide, Wall Top.
- For users complaning about missed events: the Event Center building allows you to access one by one, all the previous events so you can complete them.
- Purchased Upgrades: you can share these upgrades with friends, meaning your friends can get them as well.
WHAT TO DO?.
Visit the Telephone Company in order to visit your friends (if you dont have friends added through facebook, you will have to do it first, otherwise you won’t be able to complete the event). Tap on the small reindeer icon on the bottom left corner of the screen in your friend’s town. Start the event, tapping on the grump and whack him wherever he appears. Do not tap on Santa. You need to whack 50 grumps for a prize. After tapping on 50 grumps, you will get a reindeer animal, which is used to complete the Dear Santa mission, which is the kickstarter to unlock all new professions and buildings. After the event ends, you need to visit ANOTHER FRIEND in order to start another event and keep getting the reindeer. Here is a good tip, before you start the event, position yourself on top of the residential area, since the Grinches appear there. Beware that events take 11 hours after they end on each friend’s city.
After getting all reindeers, you can complete the Dear Santa Mission and get the Holiday Spirit Gene. You can now head to the Arrival Center and start unlocking all the new professions and buildings. The professions cap is now 306, plus 9 new secret animals.