We’re sure you have the same problem with every single facebook game you play, resource harvest restrictions, well, Stormfall: Age of War is no exception. Gold, Iron and Food are needed to upgrade and construct buildings, feed your units, discover lost arts, trade and also upgrade your unit types. Here is a list to obtain more gold, food and iron in a more efficient way (still not free though)
- Purchase Units through the Black Market: This tip only applies if you have a large amount of Sapphires you’re not using. Use them to buy units instead of resources, this seems to be a better cost effective method of producing units, and you’re saving yourself quite a lot of creation time as well.
- Swarm Battlegrounds: Successfully raiding a battleground not only gives you extra troops, but also resources like Gold, Iron and Food. Whether you need to defend or attack a battleground, make sure you swarm it with the max amount of troops available and make sure you are quite a few levels above the battleground, you will get less rewards, but also lose just a couple of units, in the end, all the resources you get go to units after a certain point. (remember, sieging a player does not give you gold, iron or food.)
- Collect Tributes: Getting tributes require a lot of clicking, but is easy and poses no risk at all. Simply check the castle’s boundaries for Goblins (yield gold), animals (yield food) and skeletons (yield iron). You get 20+ of that resource per collected tribute. But that is not it, you can also do it at your friend’s castles.There’s no limit on the amoun of tributes you can collect, it depends on the amount of neighbors you have in your friends’ tab.
- Raid Inactive Players: Obviously, getting a victory on a Raid will yield resources, but here’s one great tip to do it at almost no risk. Look for inactive players. Send spy missions and check for players that have the max amount of resources and pin them in your keep. If these players do not level up in several days, they likely don’t have the time to play the entire day and counterattack you in revenge. Keep swarming these lords, always making sure you highly exceed them in offensive units.
- Get Rid of Resources in Excess through the Market: If you happen to have a large amount of a certain resource compared to the rest and want to balance the equation, simply trade this resource in the market, iron and gold are more looked forward than food and the exchange rate is less favorable indeed.
- Upgrade Resource Buildings: If you have reached a pretty high level and have just started raiding, you’d better check your resource buildings level, you will likely be starving from resources after a couple of raids and will not be able to produce the units you if your farms, mines and townhouses have been left behind in production times. Every single facility can be upgraded 20 times.
- Defend Unclaimed Settlements About to Expire: The closer the expiration time of the settlement means that an attack to it will be less likely, and even though you will get less resources, you will also suffer no losses and thus, won’t be spending resources again to create new units.
[box type=”shadow”]If you are new to the game and having a hard time understanding the gameplay mechanics, we suggest you read our Stormfall: Age of War quick start guide.[/box]