Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas: Islands Walkthrough
Oceanhorn. This is the step by step walkthrough guide that are currently going through to finish the game. With ctrl+f you can search and find how we collected the different heart pieces, get challenges done and obtained the quest items. We will split the walkthrough in several pages, since tons of images per page will make the page load really slow
PART 1 – WALKTHROUGH FOR OCEANHORN.
- Your first objective, once you start in Hermit’s Island, besides the challenges of course, is to get into the cave to the northeast of the island and find both the necklace and your father’s sword and shield (Sonson Cliff). Once you do so, the old man will be awaiting for you right next to the only checkpoint in the island. He will tell you the story of Arcadia.
- Once inside the cave Push a crate towards this switch.
- Get this chest
- Hermit’s Island Chest [Caves]: Regular Key
- Open this door
- Activate both switches by dropping rocks on them
- Open this chest
- Hermit’s Island Chest: Sword and Shield
- Hit this switch to the left of the chest
- A set of blocks will lower and allow you to access the stairs, leading you to another part of the island, otherwise innacessible
- Open this chest
- Hermit’s Island Chest: 10 coins
- Talk to the hermit
- After the Hermit finishes telling you the story, he will tell you to go to your lookout and come back next morning. Once you open the door of his house you will realize is dark. The lookout is basically the tent where you started the game.
- Don’t head straight to the lookout, first, take the chest on the small patch of sand in front of the Hermit’s House
- Hermit’s Island Chest: 5 coins
- The next morning you need to go back to the Hermit’s Hut and get rid of the two robots attacking the Hermit. He will tell you you need to find the Sacred Emblems.
- “You will learn about the islands of Uncharted Seas from your father’s notebook. First, you should go and talk to people on Tikarel Island.”. The hermit will give you a Master key. It opens the door to the pier where your boat is kept. After this short talk, you will unlock Tikarel Island.
- Don’t leave the island yet. Go around the house and take these stairs which take you to a different cave.
- You exit the cave and arrive at Hermit’s picnic spot. Take the chest on the right
- Hermit’s Island Chest: Rough Explorer Crystal
- You now have to go south, cross the bridge and get to the door with the golden lock. After opening, you will finally unlock the world map.
- As soon as you arrive, follow the shoreline and interact with this bottle to unlock Sandbar Island.
- Visit the Adventurer’s Guild House and learn about leveling up and their benefits.
- Talk to this kid to unlock Withered Island
- Go to the east of this island and drop through this hole
- Talk to this fishman (a.k.a. Gillsman). This is the first character to tell you about Bloodstones. These red gems are easy to collect, simply hit them repeatedly with your sword until they are harvested.
- That is it, head back to the boat, you can’t do anything else here for now. You now must head to Sandbar Island to get your firsts bloodstones.
- Go to our Bloodstones Guide to find where the two bloodstones of this island are located.
- There’s nothing else to do in here, now go to Withered Islands
TIKAREL ISLAND – EXTRAS
All the chests and bloodstones you can get during this visit, can be obtained as long as you have the Trencher Boots, Bombs and Arrows, we suggest you do this at the very end of the game, before facing Oceanhorn
- Crayfish Cave, west of the island, blow up entrance with a grenade. [Pic #1]
- Step on the switch to lower the blocks
- Blow up the crates to be able to push a block to the side and get the chest
- Tikareal Island Chest: Bag of Gold 150 coins
- Take the path to the left of the puzzle and get this chest (using trencher boots), then keep walking through the passage to the north
- Tikarel Island Chest: Rough Explorer Crystal 25 xp
- Read the Bottle and unlock the Reef Island (do not mistake with Riptide Reef) [Pic #5]
- Take the stairs next to the Chest and start jumping with the trencher boots until you get to the chest [Pic #5]
- Tikarel Island Chest: Heart Piece
- Go all the way back to the puzzle room in Crayfish Cave and take the stairs on the right
- Finally, you can enter the abandoned house by walking through the bridge
- There are two chests in the abandoned house
- Tikarel Island Chest: 1 bomb
- Tikarel Island Chest: Golden Gear 50 coins
- There’s another chest in front of the exit of the gillman’s cave, if you swim a bit, you will find a bullseye, hit it with an arrow, after that, a chest will drop over a small piece of land detached from the island.
- Getting to this chest requires you to push a crate to a certain position and then fall on top of it, and finally using the Trencher Boots to get it. Becareful where you push it, if you made a mistake by dropping the crate to the wrong spot, you need to destroy it, leave the island and come back to make it respawn. Keep pushing the crate towards the right, and then to the front, creating a bridge that lets you access this chest.
- Tikarel Island Chest: Polished Explorer Crystal, 250 xp
Do not mistake this Island with Riptide Reef Island. There’s only 2 bloodstones on this island.
- Find a passage entrance to the south of the island, right next to the shore, this will give you access to higher level part where you will find a chest. Within the chest is a Golden Gear, worth 50 coins
- Withered Island Chest: Golden Gear 50 coins
- Find the only NPC of this island, he will tell you to get some some bombs in order to free the blocked path. After this you will unlock bomb island.
- Get back to your boat and head off to Bomb Island.
BOMB ISLAND ISLAND
- Once in Bomb Island, head to the Bomb Maker’s House
- Once inside the house, you will discover that the seller run out of powder. You need to get powder at the Abandoned Mines. Take the stairs located at the same house.
- Before heading towards the abandoned mines, you need to go here, get rid of the grass, step on the false ground and fall through it, here you will discover the first heart piece of the game
- Open the chest
- Bomb Island Chest: Heart Piece
- Once you get out of this mini-cave, get the bloodstone in front of it.
- Go by the beach, up the stairs and past the statue. Then follow the lamps until you get to the entrance.
- You will notice that on top of the mines entrance there’s a switch, pull it to open the gate with metal pikes. Now head back there, since the mine is closed on this side.
- You will find a block, push it so you can create a bridge just like the screenshot above shows. Follow the path and head north, pass the moving spikes and enter the mines.
- Once inside the mine, push the block to create another bridge.
- Defeat the bugs that and find a switch hidden under the water. Step on it, this will will give you access to the chest, which contains a regular key.
- Open this chest
- Bomb Island Chest: Regular Key
- Go back an open the locked door you just passed by. Once you open the door, take the path to the left, defeat the blue ogre and find the lever show above. This will open another path.
- Defeat the blue ogre, he is holding another key. Open the door in that same room and open a chest, which contains an Old Boot. Now step on the switch that opens the spiked door under the water.
- Bomb Island: Old Boot
- Head to the right side of the room which has 4 big torches, do it swimming.
- Solve the puzzle, just like shown at the screenshot above (and grab a bloodstone).
- Open this chest
- Bomb Island Chest: Regular Key
- Head to the door shown in the minimap (past the 4 big torches)
- open it and grab the firebowl, take it back and turn on the four fire pits. This will drop the last chest of the mines. This chest contains a Master Key of the island. If you lose the firebowl, use the reset switch located in the same room
- Bomb Island Chest: Master Key
- Now head back to the spiked door under the water in the mine. Here you will open the door with the master key. Drop into the hole and defeat the Cepedes there to get the achievement.
- Now, before heading to the master chest, to the east of this cave, you must first take the small wooden stairs to the north east section of this room and go through another passage to take a chest, then go back towards the east side
- Bomb Island Chest: coins
- Open the master chest
- Bomb Island Chest: Bombs
- Now head to the left of the master chest, and blow up the crates, these will lead towards two more chests
- Bomb Island Chest: Rare Seasheel
- Bomb Island Chest: Rough Explorer Crystal
- The path here is fairly easy and will finally lead you to finding the bombs. Use the bombs you just got to open the path blocked by crates. As soon as you get out off the cave through the beach entrance, you will find a bottle that was not there before, with the following message: “The Direwolf Keep me imprisoned on Withered Lands.”
- There’s still a remaining chest to the east side of the island (the Sailor Stone). You need to push the bronze statue (you certainly came across it before hitting the switch). The chest will drop right next to the sailor stone (and you will get Rusty’s Treasure)
- Bomb Island Chest: ?
- Head back to withered island
- Place a bomb at the place shown in the screenshot below.
- Find the entrance to the Desert Caverns shown below.
- Once inside these cavern, move the block towards the spot shown below. This will open a passage that leads to a switch the opens the spiked door. This is where the Prisoner is located and also the stairs to the guard’s tower. You still need to free him though.
- Open this chest
- Withered Island Chest: 2 bombs
- You need to push two blocks through the marked paths, it’s fairly easy. The prisoner’s name is Rigger.
- Open this chest
- >Withered Island Chest: 2 bombs
- Open this chest
- >Withered Island Chest: heart
- Create a bridge as shown below. The bridge leads to the Guard’s Tower, where you pull the switch.
- Solve the statue puzzle as shown here.
- go to Rigger’s Home and talk to Rigger. He will give you the Force Spell, which summons an object to a spot you choose. It can be used to interact with things you cannot reach. By talking to Rigger, you also unlock the Great Forest area.
- Before you exit this area, there’s still a chest waiting to be opened, the only path through which you can access it is shown in this pic, you can walk over this corner, even if it seems not possible at first sight.
- Open the passage leading to the chest with a bomb
- Withered Island Chest: Regular Explorer Crystal
- Once you get out of Rigger’s Home, don’t forget to reach a Heart Piece, located to the left of the path that leads out of the cavern.
- Withered Island Island Chest: Heart Piece
- Use the force spell to push the switch that opens the gate to get out of the cavern.
- Once you are finally out of the Desert Caverns, and into the pita desert again, you will see a chest west of the exit. You can access this chest by blowing up a wall section
- Withered Island Chest: Beautiful Necklace
- Go back to your boat and head to the great forest Island.
GREAT FOREST ISLAND
- Read Message in a Bottle: somebody named Blakhat warns you about a “strange boat” [Pic #1]
- Besides destroying jars and grass, there’s nothing to do here, cross the door that takes you to Restless Grove. [Pic #2]
- Great Forest Island Chest #1: Regular Key [Pic #3]
- Open the Door that Leads to Forest Shrine [Pic #4]
- Great Forest Puzzle #1: Create a bridge with the blocks as shown in the screenshot [Pic #5]
- Use a bomb to destroy the wooden bridge that blocks the way to a hidden passage [Pic #6]
- Great Forest Island Chest #2: 25 coins [Pic #7]
- Great Forest Puzzle #2: Push the block to create a bridge [Pic #8]
- Pull the Lever to unlock the path to the rocky door passage and go through that passage that leads to the Caves [Pic #9]
- Pull the switch to create a bridge [Pic #10]
- Destroy the Blocks with a bomb and push the block to create a bridge, you are now back to Restless Grove [Pic #11]
- Destroy the Skeleton holding a regular key and open the lock right next to it.[Pic #12]
- How to easily defeat this warrior?. Easy, throw all stone blocks inside the area where you will fight, then throw the blocks at her, but only when she’s about to attack and stops using the shield. If you run out of blocks, use a fully charged attack [Pic #13]
- Pull the level located on top of the stone door to open that door, you can access the lever by taking the wooden tiles path [Pic #14]
- Find the path to the Hall of Emblem. You will eventually return to this point several times. [Pic #15]
- Push the block towards the marked spot to open the path to the stairs [Pic #16]
- Great Forest Island Chest #3: Regular Key [Pic #17]
- Go back to the bridge with the locked door below, and open it with the key you just got. This give you access to the Crypts. [Pic #18]
- Pull the lever to flood the room [Pic #19]
- Now pull this lever to make the block preventing you to go forward, go down [Pic #20]
- Great Forest Island Chest #4: Regular Key[Pic #21]
- Go back swimming to the point where you pulled the second lever and you will see a door right in front of it, this gives you access to the Forest Shrine Tunnels [Pic #22]
- Turmo’s Arm. This enemy holds a regular key and is fairly easy to defeat. Use the jars to hit it and use fully charged attacks. wait for it to come closer to trigger its special attack so you can get away from it and pick up jars. Forget about the Green chest for now since you still need a master key. Open the Door that leads to the Outside of Forest Shrine, then take the stairs the take you to the tunnels once again [Pic #23]
- Activate the switch [Pic #24]
- Push the block the opens the gate and unlock the two skeletons. [Pic #25]
- Pull the switch to lower the water level [Pic #26]
- Push the block to create a bridge on top of the spikes, then go through the passage that take you to other part of the crypts. The block works as a sort of shotcut, just in case you die and have to go back [Pic #27]
- Great Forest Island Chest #5: Master Key (take the stairs next to this chest, they take you back to the room where the Green chest is located.) [Pic #28]
- Great Forest Island Chest #6 [The Green Chest]: Bow and Arrows [-]
- Using the bow, hit the bullseye shown in the screenshot to rise the blocks [Pic #29]
- Take the stairs to the right, they’ll take you to the outside of the crypts [Pic #30]
- It’s not over yet, you need to take this path again and reach the first bullseye you passed by, hit it with the arrow and unlock the gate in front. Finally, the path to the Hall of Emblem is opened. But don’t go through it just yet, since you are still missing a chest. [Pic #31]
- Hit this bullseye with the arrow to lower the water level and open another chest.[Pic #32]
- Great Forest Island Chest #7: Heart Piece [Pic #33]
- Now, go back to the room where you hit the second bullseye (where the sign tells you about the emblem) and take the stairs [-]
- Push this switch to open a spiked gate [Pic #34]
- The sign reads: Sol Above, Neyto Below, Emblem of Earth in the Central Hall [Pic #35]
- Where is the Emblem of Earth & the Central Hall Located?. Simple, drop a bomb in the wooden floor. You will drop into the central hall [Pic #35]
- BOSS: TURMOS. This boss has twod phases. The first phase you need to take down its arms as soon as possible, there are four of them and if you dont do it quickly, more will grow. Destroying the arms DO damage Turmos, but to a lesser extent. Finally, once he opens its mouth, try to stay as far away as possible from him to avoid being swalloed. The best weapon to use are bombs during this phase, arrows are a bit harder to handle as you are being pulled. There are plentyty of jars you can use against the arms to release hearts, bombs and arrows. Also, you can climb the stairs to pick up more stuff up there, but it’s not the best way to get rid of the arms though. After defeating Turmos, you will be given a special item: an Acorn of the Last Tree in Withered Lands (which you are supposed to plant it somewhere, we don’t know where just yet) [Pic #36]
- Before you depart, talk to Owrus, he will tell you about the Coral Saber, located in Riptide Reef (next to Sealork;s Body). By talking to him, you unlock a new island. Riptide Reef [-]
- Go visit the Hermit at Hermit’s Island once again as soon as you leave Great Forest Island [-]
HERMIT’S ISLAND [THE CHRONICLER'S GRAVE]
- The Hermit is located next to the well. He will command you with bringing him a package that belonged to Teppo the Archeologist, containing a helpful item. You can’t just jump into the well from there. Take the Caves passage to Sonson Cliff so you end up in the position shown here, you will end up in a location known as Great Chronicler’s Grave. [Pic #1]
- Hermit’s Island Chest #1: Regular Key [Pic #2]
- Open the Door [Pic #3]
- Hermit’s Island Chest #2: 5 bombs [Pic #4]
- Hermit’s Island Chest #3: Heart Piece [Pic #5]
- Push the Statue to the left, this will open the door to the Room of Answer (here you learn about the Shield of Chronos, hidden in Sky Island.) [Pic #6]
- Put a stone block on top on the switch to open the stone door, the block is on one of the corners of the room [Pic #7]
- Step on the switch to access the stairs, don’t waste time, since its a timed switch [Pic #8]
- Drop a bomb here to unveil a new chest [Pic #9]
- Hermit’s Island Chest #4: Regular Key [Pic #9]
- Step on the switch to access the final chest in The Chronicler’s Grave [Pic #10]
- Hermit’s Island Chest #5: Lost Store Cube of Archimedes. This is the item the Hermit was looking for. You are done for now (once again) with Hermit’s Island. You now have to sail off to Riptide Reef [Pic #11]