Heroes of Dragon Age Walkthrough Guide
Welcome to quickgamer’s Heroes of Dragon Age walkthrough guide for beginners. We are currently working to bring you the complete list of heroes available in the game.
The battle mechanics are actually very simple, perhaps too much. Once you enter the battle either through the Campaign or the Battle (PvP) mode, you just have to press fight and see the fight unfold. The gold energy bar on the left is yours (represents the squad’s total energy combined) and the enemy energy is on the left.
The Campaign Mode in Heroes of Dragon Age is composed of quests distributed along several chapters. You can access the campaign through the main screen on the bottom right of it, by tapping on quest.
You can see the different chapters by tapping on the Map icon on the bottom left side of the screen once in the Quest Mode. It makes the navigation a lot easier, specially after you completed the first chapters of the game.
MASTERING QUESTS. Looking forward to obtain free gems?. Well, mastering quests is definitely one of the best ways to do without the need to use any sort of hack or cheat. Each quest needs to be replayed X amount of times (always obtaining a victory) until you reach the cap. Each time you replay and win you will get XP points and gold coins, but you will get the gems only in the last battle of the quest, it is then when is considered mastered. The amount of victories needed for each quest vary, and increases the more advanced you are in the game. Note: the enemy squad’s level also increases as you keep obtaining victories in the same quest.
Heroes can only be obtained from Hero Packs at the store. Don’t worry though, since both coins and gems can be obtained in the game, without needing you to spend money. There are several types of heroes, and the rarer it is, the less likely it is to drop from those card packs; Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic and Legendary
The rarest heroes are often the most powerful.
You can identify an enemy’s rarity by looking at their base material, which is the base color of the platform they stand on.
CONSUME HEROES. Increase a hero’s chance of dealing double damage by consuming up to 5 other heroes. Consumed heroes transfer XP.
COMBINING HEROES. by combining hero cards, you can increase a hero’s XP and stat potential. Identical combine tiers grant a 10% XP bonus. Notice this is not an evolution process like in other TCG games
Initiative determines when a hero will attack in battle. Quick heroes are most likely to attack first.
In order to see your Heroes’ stats, tap on “Heroes” in the main screen (bottom middle of the screen). Then tap on the Hero, regardless whether it is part of your squad or not. The stats you can see on the profile are:
- 2x damage %
- Special Skill
You can drag heroes in/out in the Squad screen to assign them to the team. The Squad is always composed by 4 heroes and 1 large creature.
If you get to assign four heroes to your squad with the same faction color you will get a power boost. You cannot change a hero’s faction, in case you were wondering.
Front-row heroes receive a health boost. Back-row heroes receive a higher chance of dealing double damage.
Each time you level up, your Energy and Stamina will be fully replenished. Do not mistake leveling up your account with leveling up your individual heroes in your squad.
Runes are meant to increase your squad’s stats. You can access the Rune menu through the Squad menu, on the right sidebar. Runes function for a limited time and can only be used once.
FACTION DAMAGE BONUS CHART
How do you get Runes?. We honestly do not know if they drop randomly from certain quests, but they are not available at the store either.
BATTLE – PVP
You can duel other players to claim trophies and climb the global leaderboard by expending stamina (purple meter)
The PvP battles are very imbalanced, but it will surely improved as the developers take notice of the multiple complaints in the forums.
So far, the “Allies” feature is rather limited. You can send an Ally Request after battling an enemy player by tapping on the + icon on the top left side of the report screen, Although the game tells you to check out the “Allies Screen” there is not such thing.
When in the Hero Pack screen, you can slide the menu to the left in order to unveil the “Ultimate Pack”. Despite it says all heroes are available in all packs, Creatures can only be found in some of them, and Legendary Heroes are not mentioned in the Recruit Pack.
- Recruit Pack. Drops 1 hero and chance at 1 rune. Guaranteed Common with chance Uncommon, Rare or Epic
- Warrior Pack. Drops 1 hero or large creature and chance at 1 rune. Guaranteed Uncommon with chance at Rare, Epic, or Legendary
- Champion Pack. Drops 1 hero or large creature and 1 rune. Guaranteed Rare with chance at Epic or Legendary
- Ultimate Pack. Drops 1 hero and 1 rune. Guaranteed Epic. One-time purchase only. Costs $1.99
HEROES OF DRAGON AGE TIPS
There’s a separate guide with FAQs and Tips with different topics being addressed.
- You will eventually find out that despite having stamina, your current squad won’t be able to keep up with the pace and won’t be strong enough to defeat the enemy time after time. We suggest you make progress little by little and start mastering all quests right from the very first tutorial chapter. This way your heroes will level up and also get gems to adquire rare or epic heroes.
- You can make the battle session a lot faster by tapping on the “fast forward” button, located on the left side of the screen once the battle begins.
- You can see each individual enemy’s level by tapping on the interrogation icon right before the battle begins.
- There’s a boss at the last quest of every chapter, and if you defeat it, it will reward you with a few gems, whether or not that particular quest is mastered.
- Keep your Runes for the new quests, where the enemies are much stronger.