Disney City Girl Beginner’s Guide & Walkthrough
Welcome to quickgamer’s Disney City Girl Walkthrough. This fashion simulation game created by Playdom for Disney.
Basic Items & Currencies
- Coins: Coins are the game’s soft currency, you get from completing quests and tasks in your work tasks.
- Gold: This is the hard currency for Disney City Girl. You need to buy it and then use it to complete tasks, unlock items, buy premium objects and complete tasks in your job.
- Glam: Glam is also obtained by interacting with your friends’ characters. Some items can only be purchased with Glam points.
- XP Points:
- Keys: Golden Keys are needed to unlock new shops. Golden Keys are obtained by mastering job tasks and by doing other activities while Dazzling (this include simple things like fullfiling your needs in your apartment).
- Recommendations: you get them from interacting with your friend’s characters
Your needs are located at the top of your screen. You can click them to queue up an action that will satisfy them. Fill your red needs first!. When a need is red, you can’t do anything else until you take care of it. Just click on them until they are all green, once you do so, you will become Dazzling (the needs bar will become shiny)
Your needs include Friendship, Fun, Health, Hygiene and Rest. Most objects that you need to interact with in order to fullfil your needs are already placed in your apartment, with the exception of Friendship, which needs to be done in a friend’s apartment.
You can also check out which objects increase a specific need by clicking on them and see if the list of actions available matched the icon of that specific need. Some needs, when fulfilled decrease others.
Your apartment door allows you to start outdoor activities. Your current quests will load the task in the Door menu automatically. Just click on the door to see the full list.
The quest log is always shown on the left side of the screen. If you place the mouse on top of each quest, you will see a brief version of completed and pending tasks.
As you progress some quests will require you to buy objects from the shop and install them in your apartment in order to complete a task. For example, if you are tasked with finding pics of a rusty duck, you need to purchase a bookshelf and then click on it to complete the task.
Yes, Disney City Girl is not only about decorating your house and wasting all your money on clothes. Early in the game you will be prompted to choose a career. You can’t change your career later, you won’t lose any progress in your previous career. Simply click on the briefcase icon at the bottom bar, on the right side.
So far, only two jobs are available; Fashion Designer and Chef. Author and Musician will be released soon.
Tasks and quests related to your Career will always be found by clicking on the briefcase icon. You must master a series of tasks before considering a job position performed successfully and make progress in your company. After that you will be taken to the next position. All working tasks have a salary, travel cost (metro passes) and refresh time. These tasks also take energy
Visiting Your Friend’s Apartment
Besides Jenna, which is a default Disney City Girl that you interact with during your early tutorial quests, you can go visit all your friend’s apartments by clicking on their avatars at the bottom bar. Once you travel there you can interact with any of the objects within the apartment.h
The more you interact with your neighbor/friend, the more you increase your friendship level. Remember, the actions that increase it are only the ones you can do directly with the other character and not other objects in the apartment. This gets you more Glam which is used to buy special items.
Some objects in your apartment will increase your skills each time you interact with them. For example, interacting with the bookshelf increases your knowledge. Charisma, Cooking, Fashion, Music and Writing are among the main skill. The skills tab is located in the “My Items” tab.
Not only you get xp points and coins from doing actions, you also get a series of items that are needed to unlock or complete more complex tasks, below you have the complete list of items and what you need to do in order to get them [we are working to list them all]:
- Espresso: you get it as gifts from friends. You can request it by clicking on it
- Cappuchino: You need to purchase it with gold. It refills your energy bar
- Mocha Shake: Same as above but more powerful
- Metro Passes: Get more of these by doing actions while Dazzling and as gifts from your friends.
- Keys: Get more of these by doing actions while Dazzling and as gifts from your friends.
- Blueprint: Find more of these by using books and computers
- Bolt: Find more of these by using kitchen appliances
- Books: Find more of these by using books and computers
- Chocolate: Find more of these by resting or using Kitchen appliances
- Courage: Find these by doing phisical activities and by being more social.
- Credibility: Find more of these by writing and by being more social
- Dream: Use chairs and beds
- Flour: Use kitchen appliances
- Good Vibes: Use chairs, beds and be social
- Inspiration: Do phisical activities and learn from books
- Martini Glass: Practice your speech and relaxing activities
- Measuring Tape: Sewing and phisical activities
- Paint: Fashion and Fun activities
- Snark: Practice your speech and be social
- Trivia: Be social and watch tv
- Washer: Washing and Bathing drop this item
Daily Look Competition
The daily look button is found in the middle tab on the right side of the bottom bar. This is a daily tournament. It basically consists of a daily task where you need to dress your character to a certain occasion/theme. Sometimes you can’t enter the competition if you don’t gather enough style points after you are fully dressed. How do you win the daily look competition?. Simply by getting votes from other users. You also can vote other players and earn bonuses as well. After you submit your character you can “ask for votes” or vote other players
Yes, shopping for clothes plays a very important part of the game. Click on the shop button at the bottom bar. You will notice a menu with different stores displayed. Not all of them are available by default, you will need to complete certain quests or make progress in your career to do so. Some cloth stores have just certain category of clothing, read more below to see those categories we are talking about.
These clothing style categories are Activewear, Everyday, Nightlife, Work, and special Events. It does matter how you dress since some activities have a strict dressing code and you will be rewarded for dressing accordingly. We suggest you only shop for clothes just when necessary, since they cost silver coins and you might need them for decors for your apartment.
Each cloth has a number of style points associated with it. You will see it in your own closet and also when purchasing clothes. Some work tasks have a dress code associated with it. Follow the clue to dress accordingly. The higher the points you accumulate for your entire dressing style, the more coins you will get after the task is completed.
The Decor menu has a total of 3 tabs; Featured, which only displays premium items which can be purchased with gold, lot of glam or lot of coins. The market tab includes all of the items you will placing in your apartment, the objects are divided into different categories like; Decorations, Dining, Office, Living Room, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Electronics, Hobby, Wall and Floor.
Before you start buying these items, just wait for quests/mission to request for them.
Each time you access this menu, you also activate the edit mode that allows you to sell, rotate and storage objects already placed in your apartment.
Some objects need to be assembled before they become functional, until then, it will occupy room space and be just a box. For example, if you buy a Modern Coffee Table you must collect Bolts, Washers and Mints.
The Coffee Shop
Initially, the coffee shop, or “cafe” icon will be locked. You must complete all the early Jenna’s missions/quest in order to gain access to it. Once unlocked, the coffee shop will trigger its own quest chain. You can also fulfill many of your needs in here.
Renting New Apartments – More Space
Each time you run out of space in your apartment, there’s no option to expand it. What you must do next is renting a new apartment with more sqft. Click on the “rent” tab at the bottom bar. Pick one of them to see what are the requirements, of course, the bigger the apartment the more expensive it gets.
Hope you found our Disney City Girl walkthrough useful. If you want to, you can leave your own tips on this game.