Deer Hunter 2014. Welcome to quickgamer’s walkthrough guide for Deer Hunter 2014. The game is not the first hunting game for iOS, but stands out because of its simplicity and diverse range of weapons available, the upgrades, and also because of all the animals waiting to be hunted. Also, check out our other guides for more tips, cheats and hacks.
As the image shows above youu a series of commands that you need to pay attention to:
- Movement Arrows: located at each side of the screen, they allow you to reposition the character for a better aiming sight, most of the time you forget about it but it’s very useful.
- SWAP BUTTON: really important you will always take 2 weapons with you, and one of them is not suitable for the job
- Premium Ammo: this ammo costs hard currency to be purchased but is highly powerful even with not so powerful weapons.
- Aim: this is how you activate the aim, the icon is located on the bottom left corner of the screen. You can calibrate the aim zoom by tapping and holding on the aim zoom counter.
- Shoot button: use it only when you are sure to take down the animal.
- Infrared: the infrared allows you to see the animal organs, the lung and heart more specifically, it runs out of battery pretty quick, so first aim at the animal without it and then use it.
Once the hunt is complete you will get cash not only for completing the mission, but also for Animal Value, Heart Shots and Lung Shots.
[box type=”info”]Energy. Each mission requires a certain amount of energy to play it. The more you progress into the game, the more energy it will take per mission played. Your energy will refill automatically in 10 minutes.[/box]
Mission Objective. Each mission has a different objective, which could include shooting a single animal in a certain part of the body (Heart or Lung Shots) to take down a series of animals, etc. Even if you kill the animal, but hit it in the wrong part of the body, the Hunt will be considered a failure.
The mission type can vary between just requiring you take down several animals, others will ask you to shoot the animal in a certain part of the body. Some missions are timed.
Challenging Missions. If your weapon does not have the neccesary attributes, such as a powerful enough ammo, enough aim, or enough power, you will be warned to accept the challenge and expect not to take down the animal in a single shot. However, after reaching a certain threshold, it becomes mandatory to get better upgrades, otherwise you won’t be able to enter the mission.
REGIONS. So far, there are three main hunting regions available, Pacific Northwest, North Africa and British Columbia. Each one has its own set of animal species. Some missions are repeatable (series) giving you cash each time you complete them.
[see separate weapons guide]There are lots of weapons available for your hunting at the weapon shop. The weapons are divided into 4 categories, Rifles, Assault Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols. Some of these weapons are premium and can only be obtained with gold.
Weapon Stats: All weapons have the following stats; Power, Stability, Max Zoom, Infrared, Capacity (bullet load) Reload Time and Fire Rate. Some of them even have a special bonus attached to them.
All weapons have several categories of upgrades and several upgrade layers within them. The types of upgrades available are: Barrel, Muzzle, Stock, Sight, Infrared, Capacity and Ammo
Lots of animals are awaiting for you in the wild. Some of them, like the Mule Deer or the White tail deer will simply run away if you don’t get to kill them in a single shot. Others though, like the Wold, Grizzly or Wolverine will turn around and try to kill you. If you allow them to get close enough you will get a great chance of wiping them out with the shotgun.
- If you shoot but don’t kill certain animals like the Timber Wolf, the animal will turn towards you with the intention of killing you. Sometimes this is a great chance to finish it in the right part of the body with a shotgun.
- You can swap your primary weapon to be secondary by heading to the weapons shop, selecting the weapon you own, and tapping on the button, swap to secondary
- Can you sell your weapons and exchange them for cash?. No, that option is not available in the game.
- Strangely, leveling up does not unlock regions or weapons, but sometimes yields special ammo or energy drinks.
[box type=”info”]Stay tuned, we are currently recording videos for many challenging hunts with the biggest and most dangerous animals in the game, such as the Grizzly Bear, the Elephant and more.[/box]
Hope you enjoyed our Deer Hunter 2014 walkthrough guide for beginners. don’t forget to check out our guides on weapons, animals and also some really cool hunting videos.